January 31, 2012

dr seuss quilt

A couple of months ago I told you about my Dr. Seuss quilt which I made in a day... and remember, I said I had some photos coming soon? Well, it's not 'soon' anymore, quite the opposite I believe, but this morning I finally managed to take some photos. :)
I had fun!

(Note - I couldn't decide which photos to upload, so I thought I'd... er, upload them all. I hope you don't mind.)







Dr Seuss and the Fresh Flowers quilt.


The backing. ^^

I made an owl for the friend's baby as well... and I also stitched a Dr Seuss thingy onto a little shirt for him and his big sister. Cute, eh? 



A couple of my sisters glued 'eggs' to a white box and Mum tied these ribbons around it... and the quilt went inside. :) 
Thus, I only got to see my beloved quilt completed for a couple of minutes before handing it over... *sniff*

But, it was worth it. She loved it. :)
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I've awarded you on my blog Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt Alice! It's beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's SO cool! You're really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. littledovehappyflower.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, love them all! Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what a beautiful quilt!

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are invited to follow my blog
    http://ahorseofcourseandrabbitstoo.blogspot.com/

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, I love your new design!! :D

    And, me has tagged you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!!! I LOVE Dr. Seuss, this is amazing! Great job! I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!! Do you sell them? Would love to buy one. Please let meknow...Thanks!
    sandy.arbeit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete